Thursday, January 1, 2009

Diary of a journey

Only days to go now. Excitement and uncertainty as to what lies ahead. I have my final rabies shot tomorrow. The idea of being bitten by a rabid dog or monkey seems a bit remote seeing as I would naturally avoid contact with all but the friendliest of domestic animals. And having taken this precaution, I am choosing not to take anti malarial prophylactics. It does not make much sense.

I will avoid the cities. Flying into Delhi I go south via Agra towards Pushkar and Jaipur. My village is called Lalcot. It is very simple and poor.  I am not sure what my function will be. Perhaps only a pair of hands. I feel sure that whatever the circumstance, I will be the beneficiary, but there is bound to be some serious adjustments to be done. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment